I think i am going to lose my job please help me

Ok so i recently got promoted to a personal banker at my job and i am starting to freak out because my sales are good and my customer service skills are good but my boss is kind of a witch and she is not helping me with the one thing i am having trouble with so this is kind of a last resort for me. I have a stack of 6 people that i need to write letters to apologizing for a bank error on thier accounts and i am TERRIBLE at writting....now normally writting letters like this is not a big part of the job but there was a system glich recently that caused a lot of problems so i really need help....How would you write a letter like that to customer and make it sound very proffesional. I am really trying to do good at my job and i understand that being able to write a letter like this should be a basic skill but, i am just really bad at it....please please help me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sorry. I don't know how to help u.
    Bluewater33

Answer by Bluewater33 at 4:23 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Yeah writing is not my strong suit either, but I don't care how witchy the boss is, I'd ask for her advice. I doubt you'll lose your job over a system error and the fact you can't write. You're dealing with numbers all day, writing is a totally different skill! lol (I'm a math person, and my hubby is the writer) While you're asking for advice throw in a compliment to your boss. Don't be fake about it, think of a real compliment and sneak it in a sly way. She might be witchy but she'll appreciate it and maybe even make her a little less witchy down the road. Good luck!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 5:01 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I have tried asking her for help but whenever i do she makes catty comments like "shouldn't you know how to do that" and my coworkers are pissed that i got the promotion so they aren't really speaking to me i feel like i am back in high school but i really can't afford to lose my job I need to have something i can use by 8am HELP!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:12 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• try asking your boss, " so i was writing these letters..., how would YOU word it?" "got ideas?"
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 7:26 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• How I would write it:

"Dear Mr/Mrs Smith,

Due to a recent system error your account was debited $xxx.xx. The Bank of Cafe Mom takes the responsiblity of accurately managing your accounts very seriously. We would like to apologize for this error and assure you that your account has been restored to the initial balance before the error occurred. Again we apoligize for an inconvenience that this may have caused. If you have any further questions regarding this matter or any of your banking needs please feel free to contact me directly.

Sincerely
    Jane Somebody
    Personal Banker
    Bank of Cafemom
    tel: 555-555-5555
    email:jsomebody@bankofcm.com
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:17 AM on Nov. 25, 2009