My daughter is 3 months old and has been teething for a month now, the doctors said i can't give her anything cause she is to young but she doesn't care for her teething ring to much. Is there any sugestions on what i can do to help her?

jaimielyn2001

Asked by jaimielyn2001 at 4:21 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try different teething rings. My son only liked the one I got him at Babies R Us. It was light blue and kind of looked like a brush on one end. Oh and he really liked a frozen wash cloth. Before you freeze it, wet it, and then twist it into a point. Then freeze it. Oh and those teething pellets (they are homeopathic) were a blessing too! I got them at Walmart and I have seen them at Walgreens and CVS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:50 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Give her a plain ol' wet washrag... or find anything clean and SILK. My neice cut her teeth on one of her mom's silk nightgowns... sounds wierd but she did and quick. Good luck :)
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 5:40 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Trying different things is the key to figuring out what works, I don't like those teething pellets personally (you dissolve them in water) because they are too watery and didnt' seem to help, I like the teething gel personally and I know i'm going to get bashed for this (that's why i'm posting Anon. But if you dip your finger in a bottle of whiskey (I dunno about other drinks, but i know whiskey and rub it ON THEIR GUMS (not letting them suck on your finger) it numbs their gums and helps (i've personally seen it work). that's just my two cents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• nursing a lot worked for my daughter at that age
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 8:06 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• LOL.....I thought we were the only ones who resorted to the whiskey thing these days. We had tried everything on the market and seriously, rubbing a little whiskey on our son's gums was the ONLY thing that worked.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 9:00 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• You can use some homeopathic teething tablets from Walmart. I know that some babies might, but I'd be surprised if she's actually cutting teeth yet. I swore our 3 m/o was, but she wasn't. Don't use whiskey, PLEASE!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:24 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Whiskey won't hurt the baby -- it's like with any drug -- or ANYTHING for that matter -- use sparingly and with moderation. Whiskey doesn't have a bunch chemical garbage in it...it's just alcohol...and I'm sorry...but baby Orajel worked great for me...again -- use sparingly...babies don't usually swallow any of it because of the taste...even the sweet taste of Orajel...but it will numb their gums...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• You can try baby Orajel, the Hyland's teething tablets, different teething rings/textures; my pedi suggested rubbing some children's Benadryl on the gums to numb them (along the same lines as the whiskey). And I was told (by pedi) that you can use infant's Tylenol after 2 months old.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:23 AM on Nov. 25, 2009