I think i might lose my job please help me

Ok so i recently got promoted to a personal banker at my job and i am starting to freak out because my sales are good and my customer service skills are good but my boss is kind of a witch and she is not helping me with the one thing i am having trouble with so this is kind of a last resort for me. I have a stack of 6 people that i need to write letters to apologizing for a bank error on thier accounts and i am TERRIBLE at writting....now normally writting letters like this is not a big part of the job but there was a system glich recently that caused a lot of problems so i really need help....How would you write a letter like that to customer and make it sound very proffesional. I am really trying to do good at my job and i understand that being able to write a letter like this should be a basic skill but, i am just really bad at it....please please help me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• Dear __________,

I am sorry to inform you that "insert bank name" made an error on your account. Now explain error. This error will be corrected by "insert date and time of day". If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at "fill in tel number".

Your business is very important to us and we value you as our customer. We apologize for any inconvenience this error has caused you.

Regards,

Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 6:16 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• First, relax! It sounds like you are doing a great job! If you have concerns, then make an appointment with HR.

Next, the letter above is acceptable, and exactly what someone would expect from a bank – robotic. If you would like to write a human-voiced letter, I will be happy to help you; send me a draft offlist.

Finally, if you are unhappy, then it may be time to start a stealth job search. Polish your resume, update your Linkedin profile, start networking, and see what else is out there. There are great tips and support in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/jobhuntingmoms

You may also want to look into a business writing class at a community college.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:35 AM on Nov. 25, 2009