Unemployment in Illinois

Okay if you are receiving unemployment and then you work (babysitting) and earned just about 10-15% of your benefit amount... and you certify and submit that amount that you've earned. Will they deduct what you have earned from your unemployment benefit-

Example: Unemply benefit amount~ $350 - earned $50... will they deduct that $50 earned?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• You may get more answers if you move this question over to the "Money & Work" section.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I think it all depends on what the allowed earned income amount is. Your best bet is to contact unemployment and ask them what the allowed income is. I am in WI, and was unemployed for a while (back in 1994), I found a part-time job and at that time the unemployment office said that I if my income was below $xxx I could still phone in and collect unemployment---although it was a reduced amount.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I believe that you can earn up to $100 a week without losing any of your benefits. After that, they take away a dollar for every dollar that you earn.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:54 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Yes, or they do in CA anyway. I'm sure it's the same elsewhere.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:31 PM on Nov. 25, 2009