Will you support them?

http://www.keepamericasafe.com/?page_id=1822
Last Wednesday, a group of 9/11 family members and New York first responders attended the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing in which Attorney General Eric Holder testified about his decision to prosecute Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and the 9/11 co-conspirators in a New York City federal court. Mr. Holder stumbled through several tough and pointed questions about the dangers of giving war criminals the same rights as American citizens and blurring the mission of our war fighters. He was visibly unnerved by the presence of the families and the first responders. We want to keep the pressure on him, as well as President Obama, who we were shocked to learn was AWOL on this reckless decision.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Nearly two weeks ago we sent a letter signed by 300 family members to President Obama, AG Holder and Secretary of Defense Robert Gates. After Mr. Holder’s announcement last Friday, another 120,000 people (as of today) have signed the letter in support of our position. Many of these individuals are family members from all three attack sites, active & retired FDNY, PAPD & NYPD, first responders from throughout the country and active, reserve and retired members of the military.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I'm not a conservative at all, but I can't believe this nonsense. Should a Nazi war criminal also be tried in civil court, as to not deny him his civil rights? What a bunch of crap. He should be tried in military court. This whole thing is just a huge waste of money, time, and of course media attention.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 7:52 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Nope! My cousin was killed in the North Tower, and my family can't wait to see justice! Just because a few people where there doesn't mean all the victims families don't want to see this happen. The day we can call these guys convicted terrorist instead of accused terrorist, is the day my families been waiting for!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Why would victims families have any say in this at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I don't like the terrorist getting the same rights as US citizens. How do they deserve they same rights and privilages given to us? It is insulting to the citizens of the USA to allow these men to enjoy our judicial system.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:29 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• anon :14, you realize that because there is a trial that the defense (which btw are Holder's old colleagues from his old law firm - which probably he still has a vested interest in) that the fact that they are saying that they can secure a conviction already puts a crimp on things? There are tons of technicalities that they could get off because of. Are you okay with the possibility of them being set free by a group of 12 of your peers, whom might be swayed to sympathize with the defendants? There is simply too much at risk. I certainly hope that your family is able to see justice be done, but putting it up for a civilian trial makes that less possible.  On the other hand, it's nice to see that someone still believes in our justice system, no matter how naive that is.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Yes I do and I think it is a sad shame that they will have to endure this crap which will be a circus for sure..this should be done through military not our criminal courts.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:16 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• What peeves me is that they had already pleaded guilty in a military court and were hoping to get the death penalty.

A kangaroo administration justifying a kangaroo court...disgusting.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:35 PM on Nov. 25, 2009