does it hurt the baby?

ok I have hemeroids yay..lol from my last pregnancy that didn't go away.. anyway I can't go to the bathroom with out pushing, will this hurt the baby? I mom freaks out and tells me not to push, but if I don't i will be taking stool softners the whole pregnancy and this is just the begining...I took a stool softner the other day and I did go ok but now I am full of gas and have bad cramps from that..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You know you don't want to strain. So try the natural stool softeners: the increased liquids, fruits/veggies and take something like colace or pericolace, not a laxative. Softeners shouldn't give you cramping,but laxatives could.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• The big reason they tell you not to push is because it can cause hemorrhoids, so it might make that issue worse, but I don't think it does anything to the baby (unless your doctor tells you otherwise). I really would try some different stool-softening options, or maybe talk to your doctor about medical help for your hemorrhoids. It will make things a lot easier on you, now and later.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:58 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• to anon 8:47 i took colace and that's what camped me but it has a stimulant in it maybe i should try the one that doesn't...i have gas bececause i have been eating fruits and veggies like crazy.... if it isn't one thing its the other..lol thanks ladies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• there are lots of natural - non medicine based things to stimulate the colon and bowel movements.

I'd recommend going to a health food store and asking them for some ideas - they're a wealth of knowledge.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:55 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• yogurt! really the fruits and veggies and water help but yogurt helps me more than anything else. and the digestive health ones like activia are perfectly fine in pregnancy. eat one serving everyday and it should help you
    Anonymous