Why does WIC try to pressure you into breast feeding?

Im her mom! what business is it of theirs! It is such a bother to talk to those people and they are so rude. Does anyone else get this???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in About CafeMom

• breastfeeding alone does not make you a good mom nor her formula feeding make her a bad one. when someone posts a question she should not be bombarded with 200 comments on how she is a bad mom, selfish, etc etc... that is insane. we are supposed to be mothers. not hawks. you and everyone like you attacking this woman all day acted like rabid dogs attacking her over and over. it is WRONG and it is certainly not what cafe mom is about. Grow up. all of you.. with your catty superior attitudes. You can not be a good mom if you are not a good person.. i have seen about 50 of you today that really need to work on that.
    Anonymous

• Ok I'll start this one!

Maybe because you are using WIC because you can't afford the child anyways? So breastfeeding is the healthier and more logical alternative to spending other people's money on formula....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Formula costs the state a bundle, breastfeeding is free. We have to save somewhere.
    Anonymous

• LOL! That's easy Sweetie. You see these programs are running out of money faster than you blow your nose. It's going down fast. ALL OF THE FREE MONEY programs will be gone soon, including PA, welfare, food stamps, WIC, and I am not knocking them, just telling ya like it is. By next year, there will be NO FREE MONEY anywhere. Already this year, people are without power, gas, lights, etc.. because there is no money... I guess everyone will just have to get jobs.... darn the luck....
    Anonymous

• They are giving FREE help! It costs more to supply formula. It IS better for the baby to be breastfed. I wouldn't complain. They are handing out the help and food!! I would be grateful my daughter had the help and even the pressure to breastfeed. it would be entirely different if she was paying for their services.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:16 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• well when I was on WIC they never pressured me into breastfeeding. They enouraged it but it was brought up and then not mentioned again. Not much pressure there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• just because i need a little help doesnt mean they should tell me what to do and give me attitude. i worked for 5 years and put my taxes into teh fund too so tecknically its my money coming back to me. that is how i see it anyway jmo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Why should MY tax dollars go to YOU when YOU CAN breastfeed??????????????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Wow?
    Are you freaking serious?

Listen to yourself.

They don't even KNOW your child, and they want what's best for her.

You're her MOTHER and you want second best for your baby?
    AND you can't even afford second best?
    Get a grip.
    Anonymous

• Oh my.
    Just.... oh my.

How about you take their advice and stop being petty at the expense of your baby's health huh?
    And just FYI - try not to look a gift horse in the mouth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Nov. 25, 2009