When is this going to be addressed?

In the six years since combat operations began in Iraq, Fort Carson -- the country's third-largest Army base, with 22,000 active soldiers on duty -- has become its own kind of killing field. Before Kevin Shields was gunned down, at least three other Iraq War veterans from the base had been arrested for murder, and a fourth had committed suicide after killing his wife. Since then, at least five more GIs at Fort Carson have been arrested in connection with murders, attempted murders or manslaughter. All told, the military acknowledged this summer, 14 soldiers from the base have been charged or convicted in at least 11 slayings since 2005 -- the largest killing spree involving soldiers at a single U.S. military installation in modern history.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/30794989/the_fort_carson_murder_spree/

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 9:15 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• How many convicted? How many charged?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• What did the ones who were charged plea?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I guess, there is nothing about the comparison to other bases either. Or how this particular base fits into the outbound-inbound of soliders in war.
    huniyxyz

Answer by huniyxyz at 9:25 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• What did they say were their motives for the 11 killings?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• In the past 10 years or so the same violence has occurred at other army bases...Ft Bragg in particular. Men returning fromWar zones are never the same . WHat can you expect? Its a tragedy. That's why I wish they would bring home ALL our service people NOW!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:36 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• That is up to the base commanders to address this problem at the post, however, if these incidents happened off post, that is up to the city of Colorado Springs to take care of that and then it is treated as a crime who just happens to be a soldier.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 9:42 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Rolling Stone - the music magizine that is ultra-liberal covers politics in an unbiased way? Ok, I'll look - just a minute.........

Ok, I read, I saw the profanity, I identified the obvious slant. I bet a bar that has that reputation has more incidents than this. Did Rolling Stone report those fights or killings? I bet not. They just want to rail against the military. Maybe, these are bad guys in the military instead of bad military guys. Rolling Stone - really!!!!!!! You could at least be a little selective about your sources.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:46 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• They just want to rail against the military. Maybe, these are bad guys in the military instead of bad military guys

WELL SAID jesse..... Well said! Is this how liberals support their troops. Post an entertainment magazines article without specific details that condemn the actions as KILLING FIELDS an entire base.  14 soliders out of 22,000 have been charged/convicted with 11 deaths and Rolling Stones is trying to spin the entire base as becoming a KILLING FIELD?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:53 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• hehe your crazy if you think that it's only liberal media that does that! All of them do it
    huniyxyz

Answer by huniyxyz at 10:02 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• WHo is railing against the military? Are you ladies suggesting that this is not an issue?

It is my support of the military that makes me care, I don't think they are being properly counseled. In fact, Looking ta how the entire Ft Hood shotter was handled proves that. That man was STILL SEEING PATIENTS until he went on a killing spree....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:11 AM on Nov. 25, 2009