Please open me.....i cant stand this

I am assuming I have an ear infection. (I always have problems with my ear)
It is itchy, and swollen (I guess) and I cant hear crap out of it. I feel like my head is in a bucket. I dont think its wax........how can I unstop my ear??? Its driving me NUTS.

airforewifenmom

Asked by airforewifenmom at 9:28 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in About CafeMom

• That could be from alllergies. Have you tried taking a decongestant like Allegra-D or Claratin-D?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:33 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I just took some ibprophin (sp?) to see if it will help swelling or something. I dont have any of those things...but I do have benydril. But dang I dont wanna feel like a zombie all day :(
    airforewifenmom

Answer by airforewifenmom at 9:39 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• if you are stuffy then you prob need a decongestant to dry up all that in your head. When Im stuffy and I sneeze then the fluid will go in my ear and feel like what you are describing. You can also boil some water and breath in the steam just dont burn your self. Try to get as much mucus out as you can.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:44 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Yeah but the problem is....my nose isnt stuffy, I am not coughing..............UGHHHHHHHHH I hate this. I can not hear :(
    airforewifenmom

Answer by airforewifenmom at 9:46 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• You could try some warm olive oil heated with garlic (in your ear--really!).
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 9:50 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• If my ear is already stopped up is olive oil IN my ear really a good idea?
    airforewifenmom

Answer by airforewifenmom at 9:55 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• If you're producing a lot of wax, you can put a capful of hydrogen peroxide in your ear, then put a cotton ball on top of that, and lie on your side and listen to the sizzle for 15 minutes, then flush out the wax with warm water and a bulb syringe. It won't help you get over the infection any sooner, but it may make you feel less clogged.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:00 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Try some allergy medications, a warm compress and try not to lay on that ear. If that doesn't work after a few hours then go to your doctor.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:03 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Sounds like fluid in your ear......
    Take a decongestant . You don't have to have a stuffy or runny nose to need a decongestant. Our heads are filled with sinus cavities....the ears are affected by that. I have ear issues as well...actually I have fluid in my ear right now.
    I would also try the Peroxide method a PP wrote. I swear by peroxide for soooo many things :)
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 10:05 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• try going to an ear nose and throat doctor, you dont want it to be an infection or acoustic neuroma and youre putting stuff in your ears. go see a doctor, better safe than sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Nov. 25, 2009