Double standard????

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/11/23/american.music.awards/index.html

Asked by older at 9:31 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • OH EM GEE! I DON'T WANT TO SEE THAT! AHHHHH!!!!!! MY EYES! MY POOR KIDS!!!

Well then ladies, why the heck did you click the links and even go to OTHER sites to post about it here?
    You obviously DO look at it. Now THAT'S a double standard....
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:29 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Just disgusting and not fit for primetime tv where children could be watching..here are some pictures should children see this?

hell I dont want to see garbage like this http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/adam_lamberts_ama_performance#tab=most_recent

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:36 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Older: I knew this had to be something about "gayness" but I had to look anyway. With all that is going on in the country, you really need to pay attention to issues that impact the country and not just you pet special interest group.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• IMO, the kiss was one of the least offensive things about his performance.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:38 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• His entire performance was disgusting. I'm just saying.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:38 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• tn, it was also prime time when Madonna did it and it didn't create such a commotion!

Answer by older at 9:38 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Anon, 9:38, I will pay attention to whatever issues interest me, and you are not to tell me which ones to pick.

Answer by older at 9:42 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• The kiss was the least of the problems with that entire performance. Its sad when singing isn't enough and artist have to resort to 'shock and awe' tactics to boost their fame.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:46 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Its all gross to me older..and Lambert went above and beyond..he might as well of had everyone strip down and have a damn orgy...there is something called DECENCY that all should have esp when its primetime tv
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:55 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I think it is a double standard. Madonna has covered all this territory before and while she got some flack, it wasn't to this degree. I think homosexuality freaks out most of middle America.

That said, this was prime time television on one of the major networks so I think it was inappropriate. But when I finally got a chance to watch the performance my first thought was "Geez, his vocal performance is lousy. He won American Idol sounding like that?" I think his attempt to make it a huge erotic dance number took away from his ability to sing well, and that's really where he failed.
    oddgirl

Answer by oddgirl at 10:09 AM on Nov. 25, 2009