Family has arrived..

My dd is a very good student and in the 2nd grade. Her cousins are in from out of town and they adore eachother but live 12 hrs from eachother. Cousins have to leave friday at 4am so they have only had a few rushed evenings together and thanksgiving day. I let my dd stay home with them today and i called her in to school. I told the school the truth that she was home with family in town today. Is this just an unexcused absence? I have no problem doing this cause she NEVER misses school. Would you let your child stay home to be with family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 9:42 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• As long as grades are good, then why not they deserve a treat once in a while, and being with family is wonderful. It is an unexcused absent
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:51 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• My mom pulled us out of school so much and it did us good. Once, the truancy officer had a fit on my sister and threatened to make her repeat her grade. It happened to be the same day she was honored at a special breakfast for the kids in the school with the 10 highest GPAs, my sister being the #1.

Public schools are designed to make everyone the same and mediocre. Your kid. Pull her out for anything and everything you want. You know what is best for her.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:54 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I honestly don't see anything wrong with it. My parents used to do things like that for us girls. As long as it's not a reaccuring thing, and she only does it once then it should be fine. It wouldn't be an unexcused absence, because you called in to let her school know. It would only be unexcused if you hadn't called in. At least, I'm fairly certain that's how schools do it these days.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:58 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• My son is home this whole week from school. His school is out though because they haven't taken any other "holidays" yet this year. I think that this time of year, it's important to spend time with the people we love. Let her stay home.
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 10:32 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Everyone needs a mental health day from time to time...I would.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:38 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• In that situation yes I would!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 10:39 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Yep.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:28 AM on Nov. 25, 2009