I can't get excited about this pregnancy!

I can't get excited about this pregnancy until I see the ultrasound. Has anybody else whent through this? I had a miscarrage a while ago and then had my son. But this pregnancy I can't seem to get excited. I have this feeling of doom for some reason, it's really weird. I am 5 weeks and found out when I was 3 weeks which is really early but it showed up!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• First, congrats!

It's okay not to be over the moon thrilled. I think it's a myth that everyone has to be excited all the time about a pregnancy. Instead, I think it's perfectly normal to have some trepidations, especially since you're entering unknown territory-- even if you have kids! You don't know what it's going to be like to have another-- you've never had that many before, right?

But I do think it's very important to figure out just why you're feeling anxious or worried. Are you scared you'll have another miscarriage so you're trying not to get too excited? Are you worried you won't be able to provide for him/her? I find that once I can pinpoint the source of my concerns, the better control I can exert to solve my problem. The problem-solving gives me back the control I felt I had lost, and gives me something to work toward.

Good luck!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 10:21 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I was in the same boat with this pregnancy. I have two kids, then I lost two within 7 months of each other. When I got pregnant just one cycle after the last loss, I was anything but excited. I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks, saw the heartbeat, and still couldn't get excited. At the 12 week appointment, we heard it again and I thought I would be excited then....no! I really was not able to start enjoying this pregnancy until I had the 20 week ultrasound and saw that baby is perfect, all organs are perfect and only then was I truly excited! It will come.....it might just take you some time until you get there. Good luck to you!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:26 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I'm on my 4th and I'm the same way. I was actually like this with the last 3 children. I was only excited about the first. But once I had the ultra sounds I began to get excited. With baby #2 I needed to go BUY something for baby before I got excited
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• i know what your says i misscarried in june and i couldnt really get happy with this baby i was scared i was going to lose this baby and yesterday i went for my first ultersound and heard the heart beat and thats when it happened for me was the heart beat
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 25, 2009