More attacks on redheads

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-ginger24-2009nov24,0,2895018.story

Friday was declared "kick a ginger day" at a California middle school. One report had a student hospitalized, now more reports are surfacing.
Apparently redheads have a hard time even as adults in England.

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2009/09/01/gingerism_newly_problematic.aspx

pagan_mama

Asked by pagan_mama at 9:40 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• WTF is wrong with people?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:42 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• That is ridiculous, I think it is nice to see a red head.

My friend has a daughter with beautiful curly red hair, it makes her who she is. She actually stands out alot, but is very friendly and a lot of people like her.

I think it is jealousy-being diffrent, but most of all IGNORANT!!!

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:45 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• That is disgusting.
    No different that racism.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• This should be investigated as a hate crime... But ohh wait a "certain" select group gets that Federal Status. What was I thinking all crimes are no longer hate crimes in the eyes of "some"

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:55 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I have reddish brown hair... I DARE someone to try to kick me! Bring it! ;-)
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:00 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Crazy someone posted something about this the other day and I was pretty dumbfounded I had never heard of such..when I was in school the redheads were sometimes called 'carrot tops' or other harmless silly stuff they were considered nicknames from the redheads not meant offensively...there was no picking out of them though and beatings...
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:02 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

DITTO, though it's getting darker now (my dad has jet black hair) but my mom, my sister, my niece, two of my cousins, both my uncles, and my grandparents (mom's parents) ALL had red hair at SOME point in there life (most still do). I dare them to do that to me.
    Aniyunwiya

Answer by Aniyunwiya at 10:11 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• It makes me sad. It also worries me. I'm a red head and had to deal with names while in elementary school and middle school. But not after that. Now my daughter is six and has curly red hair, with this sick crap happening....what is in store for her?
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 10:12 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• When a child has trash for parents they are going to act like trash. They probably watched South Park together like the trash family they are then mom and dad said it would be funny to do that. The kids figured why not. We live in a country easily influenced by TV so it is not shocking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I was thinking the same thing, Anon :16.... I think I remember a South Park thing about ginger babies or something.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 25, 2009