Please ladies read....I think i just got a + !!!!!

Today i was supposed to get my period but i havent....i took a test expecting it to be a BFN b/c i didnt want to get my hopes up!!!! I feel like im gonna get my period but that feeling comes and goes. I took a ept test when i woke up and its a very definiate positive!!! i want to take another but cant pee yet .... an i drink water to pee or will that cancel it out??? Plus can i be prego and still have strong pms symptoms that come and go???? i dont want to get my hopes up but it BFP!!!!!!!!!!!! what u think ladies!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Do not drink a lot of water to take the test. The water will dilute your urine and can cause a false reading. Wait a couple of hours and drink very little if possible. Then take the test. That will allow your body to naturally gear up to pee and you'll get an accurate reading. You really should wait a week after taking the first test to test again. However, I know how eager you are. I've been there and it's hard to wait.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:55 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• It is very rare to get a Positive that was wrong
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 9:56 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Water will dilute it, like a PP said. Just wait until you have to pee again. And keep in mind that a line is a line, so even if you get a negative later today by some chance, you're still pregnant; don't let it freak you out too much. It might be best to wait at least until tomorrow morning, if not a few days.

And PMS and early pregnancy symptoms are very similar because they both have to do with hormone fluctuations. That's why so many women think they're pregnant when it's really just PMS. When I was pregnant with my second, the day I was supposed to get my period I felt like it was coming all day (the general icky period feeling, cramps, bloating, etc.), and it never showed (obviously, lol). So that's normal, and doesn't mean there's anything wrong unless it's very strong pains or there's blood involved (more than just spotting).

Congratulations! :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:11 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• You're PG...congrats!

Don't drink water and restest. It will dilute the small amount of hormone you have in your urine during early pregnancy and will come back negative. One clear positive is enough...you are pregnant. I know it can be a shock. I tried for 6 years and cried when I got my first positive because I thought it was some kind of cruel joke.

Early pregnancy feels very close to PMS. You may also start to experience cramping soon. This will be your uterus stretching.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:36 AM on Nov. 25, 2009