Any other teen mothers having twins or that had twins

i am 17 and 25 weeks with twin girls just looking for anyone else that went thought this or any advice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was 17 when I had my twin boys. (25 yrs ago) I can only tell you that it is not easy and without a good support system for me it would have been nearly impossible. Mine were preemies and spent a month in the hospital before I could bring them home. My mom told me that they could not have better babysitters so I should get as much rest during this time as I could. I also had the best Aunt in the world, she took a 1 year leave of absence from her job and gave me 2 hours everyday to do whatever I wanted. Most important is to not loose yourselve in the equation. You are the person these babies will rely on and you have to be aware of your own needs as well. My babies were put on seperate schedules in hospital so sleeping became a thing of the past the minute they came home. Up every other hour for feeding. I have very little memory of the first 2 yrs. Do not be afraid to ask for help from family or friends & love them! Congrats!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 10:01 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• well im not a teen im 21 and having my first but every friend i had got pregnant when they were around your age and you just have to stay possitive and just know that it happened for a reason and look on the bright side of having two georgeous babys :) good luck and ull be fine mama :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Anon 10:47

That was nasty to say....
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Yes it was and i reported you! LIke others have said stay positive and ask for help if you need it! When i was in birthing class a girl in there 17 first time she had sex she got pregnant with twin girls she was still with the dad though. Well i saw her the other day and she is no longer with the dad, but she loves her girls very much. She said it is and was hard but she wouldnt have it any other way. So just think you will have to babies who will grow up to be the best of friends! Good luck!!!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 12:25 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Good luck hun..and don't worry you'll fall into a groove and it will become natural to you. You are going to need some help the first week so you can recover.
    Anonymous