Have you ever experienced This?...

I think I'm experiencing a phantom pregnancy. I have all the symptoms right down to feeling the movement! (both inside & with my hand outside!)

My husband had a vasectomy 3 yrs ago while I was pregnant with baby #4. We have a 3 & 4 yr old at home & an 18 & 25 yr old out of the house & being 45 now, I sure as heck don't want anymore babies!

I'm gonna take a test today & another in the morning just to put my mind at ease, but now I'm afraid when it comes back negative, I'll think it's a false negative like on that show, "I didn't Know I was Pregnant"! These women supposedly take pregnancy tests & they come back negative, so they assume they're not pregnancy when they really are...

Oh, man! I think I'm losing it!!

Have you ever experienced this & if so, how did you make it stop??

Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I've never experienced it, but I have heard of it. I think, though, that if you're feeling movement both inside and out, that you definitely should take the test. And if you're still worried, then why not have your dr do a blood test just to be absolutely certain. If you *are* pregnant, feeling movement means you'd be far enough along that I can't see how a blood test could miss it.

Good luck! I hope it all works out the way you want it to!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:07 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• i dont think you are pregnant. i think it is all in your head. and possibly watch too much tv "i didnt know i was pregnant"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I think it is gas
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Definitely get it checked. My daughter was born 26 months after my hubby had a vasectomy, and he'd had all the post-vas checkups to make sure there were no sperm! Four months after his 2nd checkup I had a positive pregnancy test.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:17 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• OP here
    OK, anonymASS #1, you totally answered my question!... UGHHH... I knew there would be at least one...
    & nope, anon # 2, I've had 4 babies... & gas, it's not that, although, that was my first thought too when it started.
    Thanx, Tropicalmama!, I'm thinking the same thing.
    & michiganmom, AHHHHHHHHH!!! (that's me screaming in disbelief if this should be the case for me) LOL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• LOL OP! We were shocked too, but we finally got our daughter after having 4 boys!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:30 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I'm in the same boat! I feel movement, feel the same fullness as when I was pregnant before, I have the heartburn and nausea but I'm not pregnant! I think I just miss being pregnant and I'm probably a little sad too because my SO told me he doesn't want anymore kids. Maybe I'm longing to be pregnant!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I have a pal who is the product of a failed vasectomy. His siblings are 10 and 12 years older. If that has happened, think about it from a survival of the fittest stand point--- that was one amazingly strong swimmer. You got the best genetics!

Best health to you.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:39 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Vasectomies aren't 100%! I would go to the dr even if you get a negative home test. They can do a blood test. If that comes back negative, make them do an ultrasound. Something is happening in there if you can feel movement on the outside. Has anyone else been able to feel the movement from the outside? Sometimes our brains can play crazy tricks on us. Hope all turns out well!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 11:55 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• OP here...
    OK, first test is negative!!! I'll do one first thing in the morning... (I got several of them!)
    I think for some reason, my mind & body is playing tricks on me!
    Thanx everyone... even the anon who thinks it's all in my head & I watch too much TV... hmmm, maybe you're right ;) & the anon who thinks it's gas... believe me, hunny, I've had some gas in my day & it didn't feel anything like this!!
    LOL Thanx again everyone :)
    Anonymous