Does Thanksgiving get the short end of the stick?

It seems every year the retailers get Christmas out earlier. I love Thanksgiving but it seems to get skipped or forgotten all together. Thansgiving is the holiday that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside, the closeness of family and friends, and the wonderful childhood memories. The best part, there is no greed.

Noosa

Asked by Noosa at 10:27 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Holidays

• Not in my family it dosen't! My family really looks forward to Thanks Giving. It is a very important day for us. I refuse to buy into all that comercial Christmas crap anyway! That is not what Christmas is about. For us the gifts are way down on the list. It is the decorating, the baking and the music and family time that means the most. I refuse to decorate for Christmas until after Thanks Giving.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:29 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• This is nice. You appreciate . That alone to appreciate, anything.......... let alone this Holiday. You are wrapped up in the cozyness of the family, and you embrace that. I feel that you are probably in a large home, with a large sized kitchen, a nice sized dining room, nothing against that, here's to your family, and in hopes of having a wonderful and beautiful dinner with all the warmth that will be shared.! I am sure you plan this all out in your sleeping moments or at least have super dreams to accompany that dinner and the friends and conversation. We are in a tiny apt, and have nothing to do with the family only because they are so far and it is hard to travel. If I had a home, though I think I'd have people over. But not only at Thanksgiving. Anyway we look at this, all year we have to give to people. even if it's just soup and sandwiches.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Yes, I so sick of seeing Christmas lights already. Slow down & enjoy Thanksgiving first.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 11:38 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I agree!! ONE HOLIDAY AT A TIME, please!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 11:54 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Well, as14 year veteran of retail management I can tell you that those turkeys would get pretty rancid if they put them out right after Halloween!! LOL But seriously, the truth of the matter is Thanksgiving merchandise doesn't sell when it comes to home decor type items - They sell some fall items, but not like Halloween and Christmas. The stock rooms of major retailers are also inundated with merchandise, so much so that if they did not get it out of their back rooms they would not be able to support their day to day operations. And, they just can't leave the shelves empty

It's just not a retail Holiday - but that's a good thing!! Definitely time to stay home and enjoy your family - before the Christmas mess begins!! ;o) 

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:29 PM on Nov. 25, 2009