This is a twist

Does anyone"not" want to go to a family Thanksgiving get together but then when "not" getting invited feel bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• Yeah. I cannot stand my SIL in laws (her DH family) so I wont go to her home. Last year they did not invite us and I was a little miffed..lol..but I didnt want to go anyway..lol..This year we are invited but I will not go. Eeesh just thinking of them makes my skin crawl....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I can see what you're saying, but honestly, if you don't want to be with them, then why should you care if they don't want to be with you, either? Or if it's where maybe they know that you won't come - have you said no to them in the past so much that they don't bother asking anymore?

Because it sounds a little like how dare you not ask me so I can make a point of letting you know that I don't like you or want to be there. People can usually tell when other people don't like them. So maybe they know you don't like them, and they didn't feel like dealing with it this year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• No, I brought up some abuse issues from our past growing up and my 3 siblings said they don't want to have me at holidays. Things were said and I have made amends with my parents and will have holiday with them but my siblings will have my parents at their house as a large group without my husband, me and my kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Nov. 25, 2009