Can you believe in yourself AND God?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, that is how it was meant to be...
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 10:44 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Sure, why not?

We are all part of the Divine, however you may see it, and they are a part of us.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:46 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• You are god in a sense. God is a fabrication of the human mind in order to better help people deal with life (and allow control of large populations).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• thank you sugahmama I normally don't agree with you but on this I think you accurate. How can you believe in God if DON"T believe in yourself? How can you trust in God if DON"T trust in yourself? It doesn't make sense and completely goes against the free will God gave us.

I get so tired of hearing Christians don't have faith in their own abilities. Well of course we have faith in ourselves, we just have faith in God as well.
    Anonymous

• maybe someone should tell my mother to believe in herself then...I think she missed that somewhere in her church going carreer. Everything that happens to her good or bad is because of God. I think it's a sad thing really...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I really don't understand your question, but yes.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 11:13 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I think it's a sad thing really...

I think it is sad some people don't believe in God. I guess it is one of those to each his own things...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I think it is sad some people don't believe in God. I guess it is one of those to each his own things...

it was me who said it was sad. I think it IS sad that she doesn't take any credit for herself when things go well, and I understand that when they don't it is easier to blame someone or something-and for her that is God.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:48 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• No.  Believing in myself has always been easy.  Believing in god just doesn't work for me.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:06 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• The only way you can believe in God IS by believing in yourself.
    Anonymous