stuffing/filling???

so i want to follow the betty crocker recipe for stuffing tomorrow, but it doesnt call for egg. last year i used the same recipe and it was very dry...SO said it tasted like i toasted bread and smashed it back together. lol. do you think adding egg would fix this problem?

brodysmama23

Asked by brodysmama23 at 10:47 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Holidays

• Personally if I can't make from scratch I use Pepperidge farms Herb Stuffing. Directions are on the bag and I add chopped onion, a little celery and raisens. My cousin does the betty crocker recipe and frankly it stinks IMO. Good Luck.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:50 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• ..I would use some sort of broth, like chicken or vegetable...I've never put an egg in stuffing before.....
    finnie

Answer by finnie at 10:51 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Just put more liquid/broth in the stuffing if it is dry.

Answer by louise2 at 10:52 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Egg will not make stuffing moist. Fat will.

You can use regular bread or corn bread in this recipe.Any kind of bread will do.

http://daniellecooks.wordpress.com/2009/11/23/gluten-free-traditional-stuffing/

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:52 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Egg serves as a binding agent, people use it to hold it together....it doesnt help with moisture...and i agree with the above, add more broth!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:03 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• More broth!
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 3:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Use extra broth. That will help. Egg would probably make it worse. It is a binding agent.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 25, 2009