It's been more than a year and I'm still not over him.

I'm seeing a therapist so I hope that helps. Does anyone have any tips on getting over someone? I was with him for 3 yrs, and we just hurt each other too much to fix it. I still miss him though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• Do you still see him?? If you do ...cut him off...out of site out of mind!!! Try to take up a new hobby!! Exercise!!...It will get easier!! Good luck!!
    kaleigh08

Answer by kaleigh08 at 11:13 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• It takes time to get over someone. Everyone is different. some people get over relationships fast and some people get over relationships slow.
    Try not to be around him. Do not execpt his emails, phone calls, or texts. Remove all pictures from your house, just put them away. Get on with your life. Start dating again

Answer by louise2 at 11:18 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I was told that it takes about half the time you were with him to get over him (so for you, about a year and a half) but I think seeing a therapist isn't a bad idea
    Domsmom2009

Answer by Domsmom2009 at 11:32 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• It took me 4 years, a wonderful man, and a beautiful baby to get over my first love. It'll all get better in time... you just never know how much time it'll take.
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 25, 2009