Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the mail....

i think i am being watchedby someone...actually someone told me i was.anyway i was looking on the computer today and it said that i should hand write the person in a very professional way to leave me alone?i should hand write it so they cant edit it which has been done...does anyone think this is a good idea?or what?i am at a loss.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (7)
  • I'd handwrite, and mail to them and make copies of the actual letter.

    Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:08 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

  • You should report it to the police and file a restraining order. It's possible too, that if you have an ex and you have custody of the kids it may be a private investigator who is following you to get any "dirt" on you. Do NOT contact that person at all by mail. I'm guessing you know of this person, or how could you send them a letter in the mail? I would definitely just go directly to the police.

    This way you have documentation should the situation get worse.

    Answer by CinderAmethyst at 11:13 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

  • Can't you just e-mail and before sending the e-mail/s print it/them out. so you have proof.

    Answer by louise2 at 11:13 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

  • its not an ex .....fortunatly.....i have emailed her before and she edited it and then blocked me.i said i wanted to throw in the olive branch and have this over with.well she turned this around and changed it some how,(my husband is a computer consultant and said it was very easy to do.)i did copy the emails that i wrote her....but i cant get in touch with her.she runs and hides....she would probly end up calling the police on me...

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

  • If she is stalking you. Call the police. Or just ignore her. One of the two.

    Answer by louise2 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

  • ANYTHING can be edited. If you feel she's a danger to you or your family, then call the police now.

    Answer by gdiamante at 3:22 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

  • i have had the same problem. before you can file a restraining order in some states yes, you will need to send them a CERTIFIED letter of no contact. I would hand write it and then send them the copy. Also ask for return reciept on the letter too. Save everythin for your records. In the letter you need to state he is not to contact you or come close to you or your family in any way. If after he recieves this letter, he contacts you, then the cops can file a restraining order. Also you will need to contact your local P.D and also tell them the situation and mail them a CERTIFIED copy of the letter as well. They will need to have it on file. Hope this helps.

    Answer by stefirose22 at 7:18 AM on Nov. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.