I just do not know what I should do

My husband and I have been married for 6 months now and everything was fine before we got married and even up until a couple of weeks ago, but I am beginning to notice that every time I want to go to my mothers my husband has a fit we live 15 min. away from each other and I have not seen her in 2 months now it is mostly my fault that I have not seen her since I have been super busy with school and work but for the past two weeks she has been asking me to die her hair for thanksgiving and every time I bring it up to my husband he has a fit.

He tells me to go and do what ever I want but when I tell him I am going to go he gets an attitude as if he does not want me to go. Now my mother and my father are separated and he goes out of his way to call my dad and ask when can we go over but does not do this for my mother.

I ask him if he has a problem with her and that just makes him more upset, but I have to add that when we....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• decided to get married my dad hated the idea and even accused him of beating me while my mother defended him so I am just confused on what to do about the issue I have tried talking to him but all it does is cause arguments
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• wow that is tough first of all i will say this my hubby used to throw a fit when it came to my mother too but she was just very very over bearing so i understood where he was coming from and i had to just learn how to make a balance between spending time with my mother and my husband. maybe becuase you are already so busy with school and work he just wants your time so any extra time you spend away from home makes him upset? but if that is not the case then you need to explain to him that it is very important that he communicates his feelings to you with out getting upset becuase communication is the key, your marriage will not last long if he cant communicate with you without getting upset
    Anonymous

• op- Yea I am starting to think that the reason why he does not want me to go is because he wants to spend time with me. My husband loves to have me around as a matter of fact for the first 5 months of our marriage I was unemployed and when I started to work is when all the problems began to occur while I never thought of it in that way. But how do I get him to understand that I need to have some time with my mom as well
    Anonymous