Racial Attacks in Denver... why no National outcry?

32 African American gang members have been arrested in a series of racial attacks on primarily Whites (and a few Latino's) They would go out, antagonize young men and then punch them in the face and video tape their knees buckling underneath them as they fall- knocked out. They would then sell the video tapes as entertainment. Where is the National outcry against this??? If it were any other group besides white men being targeted- would it be handled different in the media?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I see this as more of a gang thing and our MTV/YouTube Society.... I agree there is a terrible racial undertone to it as I think it makes it even more entertaining to these people because the victims are white....what I think it really sick is that its taped and used as entertainment! I know its racial, but the thing that really bothers me is that these young adults don't see anything wrong with what they were doing rather its something to be proud of... race relations aside- our young adults in this country need to wake up- this is no OK!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• yes... the mentality of the nation right now is that i can only be racially motivated if the one being attacked is black and the other white.

Just look at how the president handled the white cop and black professor... and he wasn't even hurt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I don't get why people think its entertaining to assault other people, no matter what race they are. This is disturbing. The news is generally focused on violence, so I am kinda curious why a gang related attack on 32 people isn't the top story. That's a lot of people whether they're white, Latino, Black, or whoever.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:26 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• There is no national outcry when white people are attacked. It's free reign on white people because others are mad about things that happened when none of us were alive, and they strive to keep racism alive so they have something to be pissed about. Grrr. This makes me so mad. They cry racisim, but it's them more often than not. dumbasses
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:27 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• This is why we still have racial problems. One group can do it and another group can't. Now all those white people will hate black guys.

THE LAW HAS TO BE EQUAL TO ALL, or it becomes part of the problem.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:30 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Sounds like a hate crime to me.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:33 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Let's face it in the past racist attacks have for the most part been white against black. It seems this might be changing as America is becoming more brown and black than white. Any blacks attacking whites just because they are white should be considered a hate crime.
    Phase3

Answer by Phase3 at 11:33 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Sad isn't it. I agree with gammie on this one, the law has to be equal.

This is why I can't support hate crime legislation/law. It will never be used equally.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:35 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Racial attacks or gang related? Sounds gang related. Wheres the link?

Why no national outcry over gang violence? Well unfortunately it had become accepted as the norm.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 11:40 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Any blacks attacking whites just because they are white should be considered a hate crime.

One would think so, wouldn't they?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 25, 2009