• In the Spotlight:

my husband just went to germany like the day before yesterday and i havent got a call so im worried bc i havent got a call yet..

how long does it take to in process there and do they have phones u can call from for free? and is there any where he can go to get online?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in About CafeMom

• If he went with the military dont expect to hear from him for a while. He will contact you as soon as he can. I know its hard to wait but dont freak out, hes fine. I have been through this its tough but just keep your self busy it makes time go by faster.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• how long before he can contact me?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I'm sorry for your worries mama. If he traveled commercially you can call the airlines. If military transport do you have a base family liason to go to for help? Maybe there's a group here specifically for your military base if he's military. Hope he's safe and you too. I do know it takes a very long time for commercial passengers to go though overseas customs. I was never patient with my husband's travels and waiting long time for a call until I went overseas myself. It was exhausting, then I understood how tiring travel can be. Hope things are ok.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:30 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• He must have a phone card. Then again it would have to be an international phone card. Do not expect a phone call for atleast a week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Depending on where you are in the USA . Germay is up to 8 hours ahead of us. And you have to think of jet lag too. And it takes a day to improcess. It cost a lot of money to call from there and for you to call him. Give him a couple more days.

Answer by louise2 at 11:37 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• No news is good news. It's all part of the military lifestyle.

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Anonymous