the unit my husband just went in deployed about a week before he got there does that mean he will have to deploy soon after he in processes if they already deployed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• No, I dont believe so. They would still need to give him 14 days off to say goodbye to his family and stuff like that. He would probably be sent to another unit and train with them, then when his unit gets back he will go over there.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:49 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Most likely he won't have to go. However, if they have a second round of people being sent in a few months, they could decide to send him along with them. My hubby and brother have both gotten to bases after a deployment was in process and didn't have to go with that round.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 1:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Not unless they really need him. I don't know if other services are different, but pre-deployment leave is NOT required to be given in the Marine Corps. We've known a few people to check in to a unit and get deployed a few weeks later and people who checked in and didn't deploy for years. It's just luck of the draw, unfortunately.
    Anonymous

• Well, they can do it, if they wanted too. We got to Ft Hood in 2004 and within two days, they had hubby in processed and ready to go. This was his first duty station too. He didn't even do the job he was trained for. The only thing is that they told him he had a week to do something with me.....exact wording, so he drove me to my mother's, stayed for about three days and left......deployed two weeks into his stay at Ft Hood. So, they can hurry him along to get him to go, or they can decide to leave him behind until their second wave goes in or he stays behind with the ones selected to stay and run the unit. We also just got to Hawaii and found out he will be deploying in June, to the exact same place he was the last two times he was there.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 5:39 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• He will be informed when he processes. We have no way of knowing what his unit is going to order him to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Nov. 26, 2009

• the unit my husband is with some are coming home soon and they are send more and he HOPES he is on the list. But I'm the last on to know anything about him ( diffrent story). I think they give some time to be with the family before they go.
    Anonymous