Tired of the lip service

I will admit this is kinda a vent. I am sick of the lip service from my husband. He says he will do anything for me and give up anything for me. Yet when I ask him to he throws a fit and asks to just do it occasionally. And then that turns into sometimes until it is back to what it use to be in frequency. I am just tired of it. Now for the record it is nothing harmful that he does. It is just stuff that bugs me that 99% of wives do not have to put up with. He says he will change yet he never does. I love him dearly but I am tired of this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• well you say it isnt harmful right?? if that is the case then sometimes you just have to let the small things go, can you give more details
    Anonymous

• I'm curious, what is it you think 99% of wives don't have to put up with? Marriage is not a fairy tale and everybody has to accept the bad sometimes. If it isn't harmful what is the problem?
    Anonymous

• OP here - Fine you want to know. He wears women's underwear, specifically the thongs get to me. He wears bras. Women's clothing. Yes, he has transgender issues. Yes I am ok with some of what he does. But parts of it gets to me. Yet no matter how much I voice this I get told that I am just being controlling or that he will stop and he never does.
    Anonymous

• That might be something he truly is unable to stop on his own? I am not really too familiar with these issues but it seems like that might be something of other issues, not if he loves you enough to stop. That is kind of like saying 'i know your bisexual or gay but if you love me you'll just love women' perhaps if he WANTS to stop and you want him to stop together you could seek some kind of counsling?
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 1:25 PM on Nov. 25, 2009