I am 36 weeks.... what are the chances I am dialted, or at least that my cervix has softened?

I have beeen having mild contractions, that are pretty frequent, but nothing painful.... This is my 2nd pregnancy, and with my first I had my daughter at 38 weeks....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Flip a coin... heads you have dilated & effaced, tails you have not. Thats pretty much the same odds:( There is no way of knowing unless you are checked and even if you are, it doesnt mean anything at all
    Anonymous

• only the doctors can tell you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• (Well, the midwife or nurses can tell her, and moms can check themselves, of course.)
    But it all doesn't matter, it means nothing.

The chances are good that your cervix has started changing, I would guess. I doesn't mean you'll have your baby soon, but who knows.

Good luck!
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:01 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Well, i have 3 boys and had all 3 at 38weeks. I was dialated 3cm from the time i was 35 weeks until i went into labor with my 3rd son. You just never know about these things. I am preg with #4 so it will be interesting to see what happens with this one. Congrats on your 2nd pregnancy and good luck. Maybe you will find out at your next appt that you are dialated and also what is going on with your cervix.
    Anonymous