I dont have a loaf pan, what else can I use?

I'm not in a rush to make a loaf of bread (will be for brakfast tomorrow), but i would like to get on it. I forgot to grab a loaf pan while at the store and cant go anywhere because my son is napping. I'll probably end up going t the dollar tree to grab something later today, BUT just curious, is there anything I could use to replace the loaf pan? perhaps shaped aluminum foil? If so, I could start making it now! thanks!!!

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 11:51 AM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Food & Drink

• i would just use a brownie pan, the bread dosent HAVE to look like a loaf, it just has to taste good :) lol
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 1:50 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Do you have a cookie sheet? You could try shaping some foil and then placing it on the cookie sheet. Just make sure you have enough layers of foil to hold the batter.
    Good luck!!
    RunninRagged64

Answer by RunninRagged64 at 11:53 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I REALLY appreciate that runninragged! thanks! i'm baking tomorrow's cheesecake for now. I'll probably go to the dollar tree later on and just grab a loaf pan. all the better if it's reusable!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:56 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Do you have a one lb coffee can? You can use those. (of course empty it and wash it! LOL)

Answer by admckenzie at 11:57 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• no actually I dont have any coffee cans...but you can put them in the oven??
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:59 AM on Nov. 25, 2009

• How about doing buns rather than bread? Then all you need is a baking sheet.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• well i'm trying to make my aunts banana bread
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:19 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Oh, I thought you meant bread bread. Yeah, banana bread won't work as buns. Though if you have a muffin tin you can make muffins. I do it all the time, same recipe, you just may have to adjust the cooking time.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• You can use a brownie pan or muffin tin.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:34 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• WOW LADIES! I wold never have thought about muffins tins! great idea!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:44 PM on Nov. 25, 2009