Need qucik beef stew recipe!

So I have a pound of beef stew meat (pieces) and went to put it on in my crock pot, and just realized I let a friend borrow the crock and I don't have it..... Well I've never made beef stew in anything besides the crock, so I have no idea how to do it in a pot on the stove... Here's how I usually make mine...

Season and sear the meat, put it in the crock with a package of lipton onion soup mix, let it cook for about 4 hours, then add cut up potatoes and carrots, cook for another 3 hours and it's done.

So can you tell me how to do this on the stove in a pot? I'm sure if simple and self explanatory, but I just wanna get it right :-) Thanks moms!

Juliebee81

Asked by Juliebee81 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Food & Drink

• http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Beef-Stew-VI/Detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Beef-Stew-IV/Detail.aspx

Here's a couple, never tried them myself, i've only used my crock pot. but they got good ratings. hope this helps.
    Anonymous

• I season and sear the meat with oil and onion. Put in 9x13 pan with some water and a bag of mini carrots. I cover it with foil and bake at 350 for about an hour. Pull it out, add potatoes put back in oven..adding water if needed so it wont dry out. Done when potatoes are done. Then I add a pkg of McCormicks beef gravy mix the water left in pan makes this into a great gravy. I serve with grands buscuts and cottage cheese. A family fav! Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:13 PM on Nov. 25, 2009