Which is the bigger problem?

There are those who complain about the sense of entitlement people who are on P.A. have, but is it not the same sense of entitlement EVERY American has when it comes to the freedoms they abuse and take for granted?

The arguement that P.A. is not free comes into play here too, because neither are your freedoms.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think the biggest problem is that most Americans aren't aware what their freedoms entail.

P.A., I don't really care.  If you need it, use it.  I think when we are talking about PA, most people have issues with those that abuse it, although it's virtually impossible to know who those people are.  I don't make a habit of snooping in people's shopping carts or trying to see how they pay (as long as it's not with pennies with me behind them in line).  I also think many people see a pattern with some on PA that they are using it as a primary source of support, while it is only meant to be temporary.  Our government is broke and we can't depend on China to provide for us forever.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:13 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I think when we are talking about PA, most people have issues with those that abuse it,

___________________

My point exactly, why not take offense to those who abuse their freedoms as well? After all they're not paying for them.
    Anonymous

• Some do. Can you be more specific about which freedoms you feel are being abused?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:22 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Freedom of Speech mostly, I would have to say. For instance, those who publicly with our military dead every chance they get!

Anonymous

• Public Assistance is a Freedom now? It says in the Constitution that people are entitled to a free living?
    Anonymous

• For instance, those who publicly with our military dead every chance they get!

sorry, I am trying to understand, but I am not getting it. Who publicly what?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:26 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• That was my bad, it should read "wish our military dead."
    Anonymous

• That constitution would not even exist if it were not for the sacrifice of a soldier and his family, not your own personal sacrifice. Your freedom costs more to total strangers than someone else's food stamps cost you.
    Anonymous

• Oh, good Lord! I don't know why anyone would wish our military dead. I don't think those that do think that they are abusing their right to free speech. I don't think they care who sacrificed for their freedoms. They only get bent out of shape when they no longer have freedoms. I suppose the same would happen if PA were to go away.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:36 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I would like to know where in the constitution it says we are entitled to free living.

I feel the growing sense of entitlement is more important right now. We are bankrupting ourselves as a nation to support it, whether it be corporate, political or personal welfare.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:49 PM on Nov. 25, 2009