lots and lots of braxton hicks

I am 33 weeks and I have braxton hicks contractions every day, off and on, but never more than 4 in an hour. they have increased a lot since my last appointment (which I am planning to bring up at my next appointment). But I was wondering, could this mean early baby? Faster labor? Anything but just plain annoying to me now? lol

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 12:17 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When I was prego with my son I started them at 23 weeks, it was awful I feel for ya. The only thing they told me to do was drink LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of water.. pretty much just short of hooking up an IV..lol and take it easy! As far as I know it really is just getting your body ready and if you are dehydrated it will make them worse.. hope that helps

good luck
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 12:25 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• In my experience, it just means annoying. VERY annoying. I always hope it means earlier labor, but if it does, then I would be way overdue otherwise. :-( Sorry, that is my experience. I am due Sunday and have braxton hicks or contractions off and on ALL day and night. I progressed 1 cm the last two weeks.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 12:25 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• My assumption is that it doesnt mean anything:( I have BH's very frequently (every 5-8 minutes all day long) but IMO it doesnt mean anything! All it means is that every 5 minutes or so I will become short of breath and crampy for about 45 seconds. Thats it! I dont think they do anything but bug the hell out of you
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:54 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• ive been having a ton of them daily! I am also 33 weeks. I never noticed them last pregnancy, but 2nd time around they are noticeable, adn sometimes uncomfortable. I am so anxious to meet my little man, but i wouldn't want labor to start this early as he would not be ready to enter into the world. We can be annoyed together though ;)
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 1:21 PM on Nov. 25, 2009