What do you think of people who cuss?

I don't mind if people cuss, but it is annoying when the cuss every other word. Sooo annoying. But apparently some people here think people who cuss are ignorant and un educated, yet know alot of damn smart people who curse like sailors.

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• in the words of spongebob they are "sentence enhancers"! lol

no seriously i dont care if someone cusses as long as its not in front of little ones.
    Anonymous

• They lack a decent vocabulary (either they did not complete their education or they did not pay attention in school) and lack creativity.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:50 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• It does sound uneducated, in the sense that it implies that the person cannot come up with anything else to say. However, most of the people I hang out with are very intelligent people, and we all swear. So I don't take that into consideration. I don't appreciate it in front of my children, but my children know better than to repeat certain words. So even that doesn't really bother me, because it is the other person's right. I swear a lot, but I am working on it. I hate the every other word swearing, just because it gets hard to listen to. But the occasional bad word, doesn't really bother me. And I don't label those people as unintelligent or uneducated.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• As long as it's not every other word and not in front of my kids I don't care. I cuss too but not in front of my or anyone else's kids. If we are out in public, I can't stand it when someone is saying "F this and F that" with kids around. And if it is every other word, yes a person does sound uneducated and ignorant.
    Anonymous

• I say, Fuck the fuckin' fuckers then! *snickers*
    AingealsBabies

Answer by AingealsBabies at 12:55 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I think there is a certain time and place for cussing. LIke if you stub your toe or someone cuts you off while driving that's the best time to use fowel language. I think fowel language is good for when you're pissed off about something or you're trying to get your point acrossed. But not to just randomly use at anytime. But that's just how I use curse words. When I'm mad or trying to make a point in an argument.
    Anonymous

• There are some situations where only a swear word is appropriate. I know when I broke my ankle, saying "Oh, gosh darn it, that smarts!" would not have made me feel better. However, the 12 letter word surrounded by several 4 letter words seemed to help. :)

My serious answer is that I don't appreciate it if they do it in front of kids, unless it's a small slip, like one word in a conversation. But, I don't think any less of them. Everyone I know is very intelligent, fairly well educated, and yet we all swear from time to time.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:56 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• My hubby is one of the most intelligent people I know, his favorite word is F@#K. lol Our boys know whats right and wrong, they don't even react to it. He doesn't use the word when he's speaking directly to them, he uses it in normal conversation. I think if you make a big deal of it, it stands out a lot more. We have very respectful boys. Words are just words.. I think it's more wrong to be judgmental, and self righteous.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:00 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I cuss like a sailor! an i cuss in front of my kids but not at them! an my kids understand that they are not aloud to say cuss words!
    Anonymous

• i cuss a lot and in front of my kids...i hate it, i want to change...they dont repeat what i what i say..

rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 1:16 PM on Nov. 25, 2009