Do you have a really cool wedding location idea?

We and most of our family is in central Ohio. I've been married before, all the big wedding hoopla. He has not. He is pretty open to things, just no being married in Vegas by Elvis. We planned to get married on a beach in Hawaii, just the two of us. Now my daughter is getting older, I want her there. So now I'm rethinking what I want, and he sounds like he is too. I think we may want something here in Ohio, but I want something unique. I really don't want to plan another wedding, I just want to show up and look pretty. Any thoughts?

camiam81

Asked by camiam81 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What about a Botanical Gardens...or something like that?! It would be beautiful. I got married on a nearby Beach Resort. We were all barefoot so our toes could be in the sand...much cheaper than a destination wedding. Good Luck, and CONGRATS!!
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 12:53 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• My husband and I are planning a re-dedication ceremony at a local park. It has a really pretty gazebo that overlooks this huge pond. We also considered my grandmother's farm at one point. She has 18 acres and they have so much growing there, I think it is really pretty.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:01 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Any parks with a gazebo in the area?

Answer by admckenzie at 1:03 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• OMG the Franklin Park Conservatory is the most beautiful place in ALL of central ohio! It is a bit pricey and the waiting list can be a pain but if your willing to do off season or day it may be easier ti get. They have indoor or out door and can put up tents for you. If you dont know where it is, it's on E broad st. in Bexley If you go and tell them you are thinking of it for a wedding they will give you a pass and a free tour. This is where i would hae been married but that sisnt go so well.
    youlookin4me

Answer by youlookin4me at 3:10 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I would try something like that as well, a Conservatory or gardens and perhaps a place with a nice pond.

Sounds small and intimate with a few people and the surroundings make a lovely backdrop for photos!
    Anonymous