Get a job or move out

If your spouse said "You have 4 weeks to get a job or don't bother trying to make the marriage work and move out" (And you've been a SAHM for several years) What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• Depends on the situation. Did you guys plan on you being a SAHM? Did you plan that you would stay home for awhile then get a job and it hasn't happened. Are there other problems in the marriage. There has to be more to the story!
    Anonymous

• Say ill make it even easier, and leave NOW!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:02 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• We planned I'd be a SAHM, he even told me to be, but recently I have been job searching per his suggestion, I got an interview that didn't get me the job. Not sure if getting the job will fix other marital issues.
    Anonymous

• Well then, if he is just being an ass about it, I would consider leaving too. Sounds like he is putting the burden of making the marriage work all on you.
    Anonymous

• I'd leave on my own.
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 1:20 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I would leave on my own too.
    My husband and I agreed before we married and again before our first child was born that one of would stay home, but preferably me (according to both of us).
    He has stated on more than one occasion that we ever need the money, he will get a second job.
    Anonymous

• We need more details as to why he feels this way. are you constantly nagging him. Do you clean the house. are you doing your part?

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:30 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Are you having money problems that are stressing him out and straining your marriage? Has he asked you to get a job to help out but you refuse or don't put alot of effort into it? Like soonmommy says, we need more details!
    Anonymous

• I would get a job, save a lot of money, and then move the EFF out......

It's one thing to urge one's spouse to get a job with an explanation, (eg. money strain, you are not cooking/cleaning & just sitting around not doing anything, he has asked you to get a job before, etc, etc), but it's another to say it the way he did. Perhaps there's alot more to your story, but if there isn't, then it's best to make plans to GO.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• More details, but I would tell him to get his *ss out. Get a lawyer ASAP!
    Anonymous