Sexually transmitted disease question

Are herpes sores painful? and does it matter where they are as far as pain goes? I am not sure if I have it but I sometimes get blister like things in my mouth. Sort of like the kinds of blisters you get from new shoes. They do not really hurt they are more or less uncomfortable. Could they be canker sores maybe? I have an appointment in 3 weeks for my annual exam & I plan to be tested then but I just would like some insight for now. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Health

• I bet those are canker sores. My husband gets those sometimes. They have stuff that you can put on them so they don't hurt as bad. They hurt when you eat something citrus, or brush your teeth.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 1:04 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• It could be a food allergy. I have food allergies and I get blisters in my mouth from eating things I'm allergic to. When I was a teen, my doctor took a look and thought it was herpes (like the kind that cause fever blisters, but inside my mouth), but as an adult I was diagnosed with food allergies. I only have an outbreak when I eat stuff I shouldn't.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Yes Herpes sores are painful. There are acid sores/bumps that you can get in your mouth. Maybe that's all it is. If so, just cut down consuming whatever you are eating or drinking that could be acidic. I was eating too many tomatoes last summer and got them.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:06 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Cold sore are a form of herpes. If you have it once, it is bound to come back. Best thing to do it treat it at the first signs. Use creams like abreva or carmex. These sores can be very painful. I sometimes get them on the corner of my mouth. Sometimes it takes awhile to get rid of it. Thry not to mess with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Nov. 26, 2009