Please help is needed!

To make a long story short about 6 1/2 months ago my best friend was coming home from collage and she got in a car accented, so they gave her a rental. I live in a apartment and she was staying with me that night and I told her to park her car in the vist section before they tow her rental car. She was lazy and did not want to, So the good friend that I am I told her if I could park it for her (keep in mind at the time I did not have my drivers license and she knew this) so I went to park the car...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• and I ran it up the curb and crashed into some tress. I went inside and told her what had happened and she was upset and then she blew it off and said it will be fine. The next day she asked me to pay for some of the damage before the rental company finds out. I didn't have a job at the time (stay at home mom) and I asked around for the $ and got some..and she said no i already reported to my insurance. The call me 6 months later and said that her statement was that she went to the bathroom and she came out and I was gone with the car (that I stole it) i was SO MAD! my question is I want to fight it in court but I am scared that they will take my Drivers incense now that I do have it. Do you think they will? I have to pay almost $2000
    Anonymous

• She filed a false police report, so i would def. remind her of that.....But if the cost of the damage was 2000, then you definitely owe that...i would have to see the report and get asecond opinion before i paid it though....i dont think you can lose your liscence for that, but each state is different! call a lawyer and see if you can get some advice!
    Anonymous

• there was no police report that's why I don't get why I have to pay. I know its my fault, i take full responsibility for that but this is not right how she is going to lie and say i took her car with out asking.
    Anonymous

• You wrecked the car you pay. Keep in mind you knew you didn't have a license to drive a car.
    Anonymous

• PS taking full responsibility means you pay. Not you are looking for excuses. You don't have any. You may well have stolen her car while she was in the bathroom and you are making up a stupid story. That's what it sounds like to me.
    Anonymous