Feeding baby food for the first time

My twins are a little over 4 months and I am getting ready to start them on baby food and I know that my older son is not allergic to anything but I also know that every baby is different so my ? is how long do you really have to wait in between foods or will an allergic reaction happen instantly?

Christiansmom06

Asked by Christiansmom06 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is allergic to WALMART brand cinimon, i dont know how that brand is different but it gave him a bad rash on his face about 10 minutes after he ate it. it happened relatively quickly!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:49 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• 4 months is a little young yet for food.... but you can see a severe reaction right away, or a less severe reaction may take weeks and multiple exposures to show.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:53 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Doc told me every 3 days you can introduce new foods. My son is 4.5 months and also said I should start trying to give him cereal.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• DO NOT start food until 6 months. Any Dr that says earlier is an idiot.
    Anonymous

• i started my son at 4 months, everything was fine. IT's all in regards to opinion. people need to calm down. I would wait 4-5 days inbetween new foods.
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 5:36 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• It varies based on the baby. If they are showing interest in YOUR food (when you eat) and is able to sit well with little support and has stopped pushing their tongue out (like when they nurse) then they are most likely ready for foods. My LO is 5 mos tomorrow and has already started eating rice cereal and homemade foods (squash, green beans, carrots, pumpkin, etc). Out of the jar foods, she's had pears, sweet potatoes, banannas.
    Aidans_Mom915

Answer by Aidans_Mom915 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 30, 2009