Wasn't this what the first stimulus was for?

http://buzz.yahoo.com/article/1:99d1febfbc0f579a6c3bb3559bbe7ace:d5c5cdfb8ff931ce52f6b11cd6e847a1/Pelosi-Americans-Would-Accept-More-Red-Ink-in-Exchange-for-Jobs-FOXNewscom

So, was the first stimulus a farce? I thought they were supposed to be creating jobs with that one, now they are barking for another? How much more can China afford?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 1:48 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Ahhh ... but that presumes that his - and his team's - goal is anything having to do with solving the economic crisis.

Remember - "never let a crisis go to waste" !!

If we view their moves in the light of crushing independence and gaining power - then they stop looking like blithering idiots and their actions are seen to be beautifully orchestrated and seamlessly implemented.

Puzzling over the incredible annexing by the gov't of a huge percentage of the home mortgages, and also swathes of land into "federal lands", the goal looks more and more suspiciously like a shutting down of America through totally devaluing the dollar; refusing to tap into our natural resources for the booming income it would give us; huge debts to foreign nations and magnates with no way to pay what "we" owe. What happens then? The only choice is to sell them the land and natural resources which the gov't so conveniently owns.

Might be ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:51 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• These people are sooooooooo depressing.
    Seriously.
    I try not to think about IT everyday, just every other day.
    That's all I can take.
    Why don't they just cut taxes for business owners?
    Gahhhhh.
    For the luva.......
    Idiots.

No, I take that back, this behavior on their part is ON PURPOSE!
    It must be calculated because NO ONE can be that stupid.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:02 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• It's not even how much they can afford, it's how much they'll put up with.

They are sick of our spending!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:22 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• OMG! Read the article. She really thinks Americans are fine with the deficit? She thinks people will happily accept ANOTHER stimulus bill, along with all the fuzzy accounting, incorrect numbers, and money going to districts that don't exist? ARGH!
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:34 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• She is not in touch with reality. I dread what is to come with high taxes when all this debt comes due. We will never pay beyond the interest.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:53 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I agree, she is out of touch with reality. Where is all of the stimulus money going? I mean, besides to congressional districts that don't exist. What was all of that talk about shovel ready jobs and the like? What happened to the plan? I never felt like we got the explanation and descriptions of where the money was to be going, but this just seals it for me. I cannot believe how effed up DC is.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• OH MY ..for cripes sake..I will have permanent dents in my head from all of the banging of it I will do
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:15 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Quinnmae I live 2 hours from there. How do you think those of us who have to see these dumbbutts all the time feel?
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 4:58 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I don't know how you contain yourself, Ibelong. I really don't.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• If BO had given each American $500K in Feb. instead of the bail out, that would have been about $2 billion dollars. We could have used the money to pay off our bills, buy a new car, buy a house and reset the economy. It would have saved $98 billion + dollars, all the companies would be solvent, and we wouldn't be in this mess. Why didn't he call me and ask what I thought?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:12 PM on Nov. 25, 2009