What does this dream mean?

{*note: I am seperated from my husband} I was talking to some girl and asking where Danny was, my husband. She said he was in the house with her mom. I went to try and talk to him but the mom, she was a very heavy set lady, said I didn't need to talk to him. I explained that I had to talk to him about our son and she said ok, but the next thing I know I'm staying the night there and feeling really uncomfortable. I feel like something is not right and he is not safe. The older lady keeps opening my door and making sure Danny isn't in there. I finally talk to Danny when he sneaks into my room, I ask him whats going on and he tells me that he cannot get away. I tell him we can sneak out together and get away from that place. He says ok and we are trying to, but it seems like everything we try the lady is right there. She keeps calling Danny Buggy. She says "Buggy doesn't wanna go with you" & "Buggy is happy here" cont. in comm

Mom2Dano

Asked by Mom2Dano at 2:20 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well there's the dream. You want to help but you know it takes him accepting the help and following through. The woman represents maybe the disease of substance abuse as well as bipolar. Your dream shows how much you still care and worry. Try not to feel bad about his battle. If you keep having this dream, try seeing a therapist to help you work through this issue. You need to work on YOU not feeling bad for what went wrong for him.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:32 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• & "you can never take Buggy away from here." I feel that he isn't safe there and needs my help but is unable to make clear decisions for himself. I try to talk to the lady and tell her that I will be taking DANNY with me when I leave. She then walks in between me & him and he's gone. I can't find him anywhere and I try to fight her but I feel weak. I finally see him through a little door and he looks very bad, like sick and scared. I try to run to him but the lady starts laughing and saying "Buggy will stay here" I'm scared and trying to reach him but the hallway to the room gets longer with each step I take. When I come closer to the door and to him I reach out to him and then I wake up. I don't know what this dream means but it made me feel very nervous and worried about him. Like he needed my help and I could do nothing. I woke up feeling very upset that I wasn't able to help him. Like I had let him down. ??
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 2:28 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Is there substance abuse going on with your DH? or some sort of mental issue with him?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:45 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• He has had issues with substance abuse in the past. The last time was a few months ago and I managed to get through to him and he moved from where he was and got clean. He also is bipolar. I spoke to him last night and he was asking for a ride to his house from a friend's where he was because his sister was coming to town and he wanted to see her. He hasn't seen her in 4 years and I felt bad that I couldn't give him a ride. He told me not to feel guilty and that it wasn't my fault he got stuck there and thanks anyway. I don't kow if I am just feeling guilty or if something more serious is going on. He's a very shut down person when it comes to drugs and things I don't approve of and tries to hide them from me cause he knows I will be dissappointed in him. So if there was a bigger problem I'm not sure if he would tell me.
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 3:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Why not ask God? He is the only one who can give you the true meaning. It is sinning against him when you turn to others.
    Anonymous

• Well, thank you anon for that wonderfully insightful response! I am sure she knows what the problem is now.
    Anyway, pnwmom pretty much covered it. You are expressing your guilt in your dream. Once you get that worked through, you should be a-okay.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 25, 2009