Which job should I take?

I have been offered 2 live-in nanny positions. One is about 5 minutes from where I live now meaning I would see my family more and my ex could stop by whenever he wanted to see my son. But it's 3 kids: 2,3, and 5. The other is about an hour away, up to 2 hours in traffic but the kids are both school aged so I would have most of the day to take my son to play groups and classes I put him in. With the first job I wouldn't be going out very much with 3 kids 3 and under. They pay the same.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• The closer one. IF something were to happen, you'd be right there.

I work an hour away from home but wouldn't if I had any other choice.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:30 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• If you have no stronger feelings for one family or preference regarding the living quarters, then I'd take the one with the school aged kids. It will allow you to have more quality one on one tiome with your own child, yet still allow you to make a living.
    Anonymous

• for the 1st job: its winter, you would not have to leave home that early at dark as for the 2nd job. less chances for you to bring any illness home, not alike it's w/ schooled kids. you could see your ex relation to yours, had time for any necessary discussions. still you could probably manage taking your little one to classes, if not the one he's taking now than rescheduled.
    for the 2nd job: more time for you and your son, not that tirying, more demanding (timewise, intelectually - as to have things working i quess / homeschooling). you could not make them waiting if they're schooled out - car in excellent condition.
    you must make a decision
    baby133

Answer by baby133 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• The closer one is a better option. Although more work but in the long run would be better for you pluse look at all the gas money you will save.
    Anonymous