My 4 year old is sick and....

I don't know what to give him because he can't keep anything down. I called his doctor's office and the nurse said that as long as he doesn't have a fever and he is still peeing, don't worry. But he hasn't been able to eat or drink (and keep it down) all day. I gave him juice, it came back up... I gave him pedialyte, it came back up... I gave him cereal, it came back up... and now he is eating saltines.

Neither of my kids have EVER been sick like this before ... I mean, they seriously have not vomited since they were infants.... so I don't really know what to do!

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 2:28 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Well is he peeing? If he is peeing then he is keeping fluid down because he wouldnt be able to pee if he didnt have any fluids in him

Give him a teaspon of fluid every 15 minutes. If he is able to keep it down for an hour then up it to 7mls every 15 minutes do that for an hour and then up it to 2 teaspons every 15 minutes. Keep increasing it by 1/2 teaspoon until he is no longer throwing up. If you do it that way then he is getting enuf fluid to hold him over until the vomitting stops
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:18 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• bread..but if your very worried take him to the emergency room
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 2:44 PM on Nov. 25, 2009