I am getting a cold, what can I take for a cold while I am pregnant?

I can feel it coming on more and more. It's starting out as a head cold with coughing, and I can feel it moving into my sinuses and chest. What am I allowed to take since I am pregnant? By the way, hope I don't get as sick as my husband because I can have this baby any day :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• call the doctor ... I was told I could take reg. strength tylenol but that didn't do anything for me lol
    Domsmom2009

Answer by Domsmom2009 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• When I was pregnant with my first son I had bronchitis and they told me that I could take Sudafed... but just the regular kind -- no extra strength or anything like that. And it depends on how far along you are -- during the first trimester I don't think you are supposed to take anything like that at all.
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• My doc said I could take OTC zyrtec, all this did was make me drowsy. Try shower soothers, vicks, and a humidifier.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:34 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I kno for sure you can take benedryl cuz I called the hospitial when I was preggo to find out what I could take and I'm almost possitive you can take robitussin but to make sure you can call the hosp or dr office
    mommy2Jayden21

Answer by mommy2Jayden21 at 4:01 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• honey and lemon tea

lots of vitamin C

plenty of fluids

chicken soup.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:21 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I was really sick a few weeks ago with sinus infection/sore throat and my midwife told me to use the folowong: Ecchinachea tea, saline nasal spray or better a netty pot (wich she suggested to use regulary to keep my sinuses clear) Regular Robitussen and cough drops. Of course regular Tylenol too :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 10:17 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Oh geez I butchered the word FOLLOWING oops :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 10:18 PM on Nov. 25, 2009