Why ask a question if you don't really want an answer?

The other day I answered a question and moved on, I knew it wasn't going to be something the mom wanted to hear, but when you ask for opinions you get opinions that differ from yours. Isn't that the point here? So yesterday I get a message from this woman commenting on my answer and just defending herself. So I go back and read the other answers to the question and they almost all are giving the same answer I did! So why ask an opinion question if you are just going to get defensive about the answers?

goaliemom93

Asked by goaliemom93 at 2:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Some people need validation of their feelings and can't handle it when everybody else doesn't think the same as them. Then they get all mad when people tell the truth. They really don't want an answer, they want to hear yes you're right! So they shouldn't ask the question but it will continue to happen.
    Anonymous

• I learned that the hard way, lol. The ladies of CM are nothing if not honest, opinionated and willing to share. Honestly, it is what I needed at the time, basically to be told that I was wrong, lol. There have been times when I've posted a question that has been misunderstood, but you just move on, after all it's just the internet, right? That's what I tell people when they don't like the answers. You ask for opinions, you get opinions and opinions are like ***holes, everyone's got one, LOL! Some you will like and want to hear, others not so much. Tough love, people, tough love. :)
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 3:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• i dont mind mail when someone's gonna say something funny to me or thank me, i would never go confronting someone about something i disagree with if they asked the question or even if there's another person answering and disagreeing.

i had asked a quesion about c-section, knew i was gonna get some rudeness and i really did! i didnt really care though, they werent answering the quesion that i had posted anyway. i guess all in reality, if you dont remain anon, you can expect pple to do that and its never a boring day on cafemom!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 25, 2009