Why are there so many people against those on P/A, WIC or Food Stamps?

With the economy the way it is, I don't understand your hatred towards people who need assistance. Have you seen people in third world countries who don't have that benefit? THey're eating out of garbage land fields. Is that what you want for people who for one reason or another can't work? Or can barely afford food for their families. Get off your damn high horse and show a little compassion.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• From OP

All I'm saying is we live in a great country where we don't have to worry about picking up rotten food from a land field or our government starving us to death. And it's great that we have these programs to back our asses up when we're in so much dog doo of bills, but for those who ARE abusing the system do need to be taken out of the system or on probation and fend for their damn selves! And leave all that tax money for people actually need it.

Anonymous

• ? i don't know, but I use food stamps/ wic.. to feed my kids..yes I have a job.. I think they are good programs.
    Anonymous

• im against those who sit around and do nothing all day and abuse it. if you need it then use it . . . if you dont need it and youre just too lazy to get a job then you shouldnt be using it someone who really needs it cant get it because of you (not you just the person using it for the wrong reasons)
    Anonymous

• youre just too lazy to get a job

You realize unemployment is so bad right now that even if every "too lazy" person stood up tomorrow and said I'm going to get a job, there are no jobs to get right now? Do you have some exact criteria to differentiate between "too lazy" and "already applied to every job in the paper and craigslist 3 times over"? Or do you just base it on how someone looks, or spells?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:58 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Yeah it's not just people who use PA or whatever that annoy me. It's the ones who use it so they don't have to work.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I'm not.
    I'm happy to pay for the person in line when I see they are using food stamps. Donated money just the other day for people in need to have something to eat at Thanksgiving.
    Anonymous

• People bitch about it because they are selfish, pure and simple. They just can't STAND the idea of "somebody getting their tax dollars". They don't ever think that maybe one day, they might be in a similar situation and will need a helping hand. Personally, I hope they will be. Teach them some humility and compassion.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• People are passionate about the abuse of community funds and rightfully so. Its a shame that so many are accused of being lazy and living off the system but some do. People who abuse and deplete the system are only hurting children who need it.
    Anonymous

• there are people who are just too lazy to get a job. if you cant find work and have no other way to support yourself and your family then you need to be on it. like i said i think its ok to be on pa if you NEED it, (not being able to find work to support your family and yourself, losing your job) there are many reasons people need to be on it and thats fine, but when you wont even look for a job and you just let the state take care of you and your family cause you dont want to work then you shouldnt be on it.
    Anonymous

• How many times do you need to hear? The people who NEED it are not the problem. The people who ABUSE it are. Are you having a guilty concience, that you need to justify?? If you have hit upon hard times as have alot of people right now, then your not the problem, are you.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:07 PM on Nov. 25, 2009