any ideas on how to keep a 2 yr old out of the fridge?

i tried that adhesive buckle looking thing and she just ripped it off, and we are in a rental property so installing a padlock(sp?) isnt an option either. im bout ready to buy a side by side fridge but my husband doesnt want to spend the money on it..i give her 3 meals and 3 snacks but she still insist on taking food out of the fridge to play with..help...

gothmama91

Asked by gothmama91 at 3:02 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Anonymous

• The make a baby lock you can put on your refrigerator.
    Anonymous

• those baby locks dont work we tried the strap one..and we cant do the tie looking one unless we have side by side...which at this point looks like our only option unless ya'll can give some ideas we have the regular top freezer bottom fridge ones
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 3:14 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• When my son was a toddler he would get in the refrigerator, get the eggs, and throw them acrossed the kitchen. He thought it was so cool how they busted.......LOL! He is 13 now so we can laugh about it.

Anyway, we finally put a "child lock" on the door. It had a strong adhesive that stuck it to the front and side of the door and you had to "push and squeeze" the latch to get it open. There was no way a toddler could pull it off. When we took it off we had to pry it loose and then use some adhesive remover to get the sticky stuff off.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 3:22 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• somehow she did im sure her brothers had some help in it...maybe we got the wrong brand..
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• It took me about 10 days of living in the kitchen saying no and giving time outs occasionally. I was on top of it every time DS did it. Also ask her what she wants in it, my son really just wanted more snack or wanted jelly on his crackers and toast. But mostly it was just stopping it when it happened.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 3:36 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

I would try another brand.  Like I said, my husband had to pry this one off with a screwdriver.

Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 3:55 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• which one did you use? we tried that safety first brand...
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 4:47 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• CAn you some how put a bungie on it? Maybe idk, if straps are not working?
    Theone3608

Answer by Theone3608 at 5:13 PM on Nov. 25, 2009