What is the best toys to get my 1 year old for christmas?

I'm not sure what to get my 1 year old for christmas.

Dominicks_mamma

Asked by Dominicks_mamma at 3:03 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• same here. mine will be one on x-mas eve. no idea what to do 4 her b-day either. help!!
    dani2780

Answer by dani2780 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• i always get something that my kids can use long term we used to spend money on toddler toys only to have them outgrow them too fast..do you have a boy or a girl?
    girl id say dolls or stroller..we got stroller that 18 mths and up and it helps them learn to walk and on the plus side she can use it for a few more years and it has a matching doll thats 18mths plus really cute
    for boy id say the bigger plastic trucks...also those play rugs are cute and fun so you can do pretend play
    oh and blocks the duplo or mega blocks my daughter(she will be 2 next month) prefers the duplo over the mega blocks and both are big enough they wont choke on them...hope that helps
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• We got our 16 month old a rocking horse (it whinnies and moves its head and tail), a Holiday 2009 Barbie, some of the Fisher Price laugh & learn toys . . I love those . . they're fun, educational and my daughter finds them very entertaining. Oh and some bath toys . . she loves playing in the tub.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:18 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Oh and she won't be playing with the Barbie---We started a collection for her . . . she has last years too . . they're so beautiful.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I have a boy.
    Dominicks_mamma

Answer by Dominicks_mamma at 4:29 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Well, the laugh & learn toys are good for boys and girls. There's one that is a steering wheel with a gear shift . . so cute. It's sings, has the abc's and is bilingual . . . also the mailbox!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:35 PM on Nov. 25, 2009