Breastfeeding Nazis?

Seriously people. How immature do we have to be. I like think we are all adults here but it gets more and more difficult with some of the posts I see. I understand that the majority of us are down to earth people who are just trying to raise our kids the best we can. I understand that some very opinionated and very vocal people overshadow the rest of us. Doesn't it make the most sense to continue to act like adults and not provide fuel for those few? Focus on those that are truly asking for help and only respond to the others if necessary and in a respectful manor. Or is that to much to ask?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When are people going to stop using the word Nazi every time they want to bring attention to someone with a negative attitude? Nazis murdered Jews remember? I'm pretty sure they weren't really involved in breastfeeding activism.
    Anonymous

• Heh heh heh...I think you know the answer to that.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:09 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• For some it is to much to ask. Some people do not think other should be able to do what they want.

Answer by louise2 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Amen!

Anonymous

• Its just this one anti-bf person who thinks all FF are martyrs. I see the same breastfeeding nazi rhetoric everyday...I even recognize her grammar.

Anonymous

• To be fair, you should also address this statement to the formula Nazis.

I was very hurt and offended by a post in the Newcomer group today by a woman who said that breastfeeding a toddler is "gross." I'm pro breastfeeding, but have never made rude or hurtful comments intentionally to a mom that chose to bottle feed.

There are just as many, if not more, moms that are anti breastfeeding and are down right hostile to those of us that choose to breastfeed.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:35 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• The Czars murdered people too, jews included. Why do they call every Government head of something the _______ Czar?
    Anonymous

• To be fair, you should also address this statement to the formula Nazis

The OP is referring to a previous ? I believe it was: Breastfeeding Nazis who choose not to vaccinate.
    Anonymous

• ""To be fair, you should also address this statement to the formula Nazis.""

OP here. The question is really posed to all. Someone else posted with that term earlier (obviously someone who opposes those who are vocal about breastfeeding) and I was just curious why some stoop to such childish terms. There are people very opinionated about different topics. It'd be nice to have intelligent coversations on a mature level.
    Anonymous