Burned belly while cooking.

Hot water splashed on my stomach right where the baby is while cooking. I am 22 weeks. It left a thumb length red mark. I feel like there is no way for the baby to be affected by this, but I am still slightly concerned. Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• u'll be ok....i worked as a cook at a restaurant with both my kids...and i sometimes burned my bell....the baby is fine...very protected and comfy....put some salve on it...the bigger you get you will bump things with your belly...it is normal....the baby has a nice cushion of amniotic fluid it is ok...
    Anonymous

• The baby is shielded behind skin, fat, muscle, the uterus and the amniotic fluid...so no worries! Baby didn't feel a thing except you jump! =)
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 3:50 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• don't worry your baby will be fine. first you jave all your skins layers to protect your baby. also the baby is surronded by amniotic fluids that work very well to protect your baby. hope this helps.
    mommy2Jayden21

Answer by mommy2Jayden21 at 3:51 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• agreed with everyone..I just recently did the same thing and worried just like you did. I had to ask the question also. IN the back of my mine I knew the baby was fine, but when it happens we can't help but worry.
    Roisin07

Answer by Roisin07 at 4:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• baby's fine - I was still working as a chef when I was pregnant with #1 and the number of times the belly got in the way....

just moisturize it well to help healing
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:17 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• i did that! Don't you love when your stomach gets in the way! Your baby is absolutely fine though.
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 4:30 PM on Nov. 25, 2009