OMG! Help!!! where are the giblets?

Ok so i'm makin my first Turkey. I was doing the prep, but ummm one bag only the neck!! I'm freaking out here. Where are the freakin' giblets? Ughhh, also there is this thing like really fatty piece of thing on the end, attahced to the inside the bird. What the heck is that????

Iluvmygirlies42

Asked by Iluvmygirlies42 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Check under the drumsticks....that's where the giblet bag on our turkey was hidden!

Answer by gdiamante at 3:38 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• hmmm ok thank i'll brb ....lol
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• thats part of the tail.

check up by the neck/breast flap of skin - they should be in there.

or there might not be any at all.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:38 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• not under the thighs...****sighs****
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• if not up the rear then normally down the neck in a bag, sometimes they are in the bag attached to the neck, giblets are not very big. also check the package does it mention anything about the giblets being in it? sometimes they take them out.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:42 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I'd say check all around it too, and look inside your turkey, feel in there too...heck take a flash light and look in!

Some times they do place them under the legs...etc.

I'm not one on giblet gravy, never could make the best from scratch like that!

Giblets are liver colored if I recall right. Won't be checking my bird....TINA the TURKEY til tomorrow! LOL

Hope you found them!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 3:42 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Maybe if you really need some you can get to the grocery store and pick up some frozen giblets or refridgerated kind. I know stores do sell them. OR ask the butcher for any?
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 3:44 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• ok thanks for the ,"part of the tail explanation"....but not under flap of skin....can't find an flap of skin....sorry guys. I feel so dumb here, ughhhhhh!! But the directions says take out TWO bags, i can't find the second. This doesn't make any sense to me, why would they hide it. Whats the point of that.....

Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 3:46 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• I don't acutally want the giblets, i'll be making gravey from the turkey juices. I just want them out of the turkey so i can stuff it. LOL!
    I want to stuff in tonight so in the morning i can just pop it in and lay down for a bit b4 everyne gets up.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 3:47 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• is the inside frozen even a little bit still? sometimes the bags will stick to the insides.silly question but it wasnt free floating in the wrapper was it? and its not in a smaller bag inside the bag with the neck? (sorry trying to think of every place it could possibly be)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:51 PM on Nov. 25, 2009